Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sock Love


I have a new love -- socks! Nothing fits me as well as handmade socks. My feet aren't happy with store made socks anymore. I would have come to this awareness sooner but the first eight pairs of socks that I made were all given to my grandchildren and my husband. I didn't make a pair for myself until January. I hate to part with them long enough to wash them. However there are members of the household who do let me know when it's needed.

I developed my own toe-up design because I couldn't figure out the patterns that I found. Now I'm brave enough to convert top down patterns to toe-up. Wow! Jo told me I could do this. (Jo and Carmen from KansasKnits are my mentors.)

I may have another mentor. The book Socks a la Carte by Jonnelle Raffino is wonderful. It lets you mix and match patterns to get the socks you want. I am presently making the Short Row Heel/Round Toe foot, Eyes on You body, and Peek-O cuff. That's only the beginning. I have so many other combinations that I want to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment