Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hat for Michelle's Baby



Jennie's best friend from junior high and high school is due to have her first baby this month. It's a girl. Who knows? She may even be born on the same day as one of Jen's two children. Reyes' birthday is Mar. 15 and Lala is Mar. 16.

I've knit a hat for the baby. It's from pink baby yarn that was in my stash. The label is long gone, but I'm sure it is a machine washable acrylic. I don't buy anything else for babies.

I started the hat on a road trip between hither and yon. It was going to be booties, but the gauge was off. Not having a pattern and feeling the need to knit, I cast on 100 stitches, joined them in a circle and let the yarn tell me what it wanted to be.

It wanted to be a soft cable knit stocking hat. I made it large because winter is nearly over in Texas. It should fit next winter when the baby is a toddler and be with her for several seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment