Thursday, February 26, 2009

Next Project Is About To Be Started


I know what I will make next. I have always wanted to make a sweater coat. Lion Brand has a pattern called Homespun Flattering Jacket. It comes in both a knitted and a crocheted version.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-flatteringJacket.html
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/khs-flatteringJacket.html

I tried making the crocheted version when I was in Texas and got bogged down on the directions for the second side panel. I could not get my mind around what they were telling me. I intend to knit the pattern this time. I will do both side panels at the same time on a large circular needle. That way everything should come out even. (Well, the concept almost worked with Pat's vest...)

I'm still stash-busting with this project. Sort 0f. The Homespun I purchased for the first effort turned into an basketweave afghan I gave my grandson. (He still keeps it on his bed). However, I purchased some llama/wool blend from Ann O'Neill at the Emporia Fiber Fest. It's a lovely blue -- a little more blue than teal. It is also wonderful to touch and so far Furball hasn't noticed that it isn't my usual yarn. (Furby wants to live in the alpaca yarn I bought. I have to hide it from her.)

You ask how can I be stash-busting if I bought this yarn a few weeks ago? Well, I'm busting Ann O'Neill's stash!

Now -- to get those last seams finished on Pat's vest so I can get started on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment