Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nearly Finished with Oregon Vest


I've nearly finished Pat's vest. Finally. I started it before we left Texas in 2006. When we got here I decided Homespun wasn't the yarn for this pattern, so I frogged the Homespun and put it back in my stash. Months later, while in Lawrence, I found some Bulky Wool-Ease by Lion Brand that seemed perfect for the pattern. I was distracted regularly, so it took about a year to get all three sections made. Whimper! When I went to put it together, each section was a different length! I threw it back in the bottom of the knitting basket and focused on all those socks I had promised the grandkids. Nine or ten months later, I was ready to frog the vest and get back to work. This time I took a page from my sock making: I knitted the left front and the right front at the same time on one large circular needle. What a simple solution! Now all of the sections are the same length! I did find I got confused at some point and knit only on one side and nothing on the other. Fortunately this was after all the decreases and pattern changes had been done. I'm only adding length to reach 23" on each front now. It's time to take them off the circulars and finish each front piece individually. Then -- put them together, finish the collar, add the zipper and it's done!!! I can hardly wait -- I already know what I want to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment