Friday, January 9, 2009

Yarn Crawling

Oh, the JOYS OF RETIREMENT! Tomorrow my granddaughter Lala and I are going to Wamego, Kansas to the Winter Wool Fest. I'm looking forward to Girls-Day-Out time with Lala and with Joe's girlfriend Lisa. Most of all, we are all really looking forward to petting all the nice yarns that we will see. We may take in some of the free training being offered.

This is the second Girls-Day-Out I've done since retiring. My daughter's friend Becca came up from Texas over New Year's. Since Becca is as big at knitting as I am, my daughter and I HAD to take her to Lawrence to the Yarn Barn. We also hit Hancock's while we were there and I purchased fabric to redeem the Grandma Iris' Boutique gift certificates I gave Jen, Lala and Reyes at Christmas. (There are several others yet to be redeemed for other kids and grandkids.) They each get one handmade outfit from me: they get to pick the pattern and fabric.

Guess what I'll be doing for the next few months?

Gotta get that spare room reorganized and set up the sewing machines. Time's a wasting and there is fabric waiting to be sewn and yarn ready to be knitted. Ah, it's going to be so nice to be retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment