Monday, January 12, 2009

Shawl Stick

I found a neat goody Saturday at the Settler's Farm yarn store in Wamego. It's called a Shawl Stick. The stick I bought is about six inches long, and tapered to a dull point. The thickest part of the barrel is about the size of a #10 knitting needle. There are decorative turned knobs on top. Other sticks that were for sale were flat with scrolled decorations on top. The possibilities for decoration are endless.
Why is it a neat goody? It keeps my shawl on my shoulders! I love my shawls but never wear them very long because they slip off one side or the other. The stick works like cloak pin. It slides through some of the decorative openings in the knit or crochet and secures the shawl around me. I even took a nap with my shawl on and nothing came loose. It was great!

I can really enjoy my shawls now.

No comments:

Post a Comment