Thursday, July 5, 2007

Transplanted Iris

I can't quite sing the song "I've Been Everywhere, Man" but I can sure claim the Midwest. The above map shows where I've lived. It doesn't quite tell the whole story, because I'm 58 and have moved 34 times. With all of that, we managed to live 20 years in the same town -- Grand Prairie,Texas. Of course, my moving started when I was two years old, so that gives me some running room on the traveling. It also instilled an early love of geography and fascination with geology. How did that get formed? Why is it there and not over yonder?
I'm glad to be settled where it all began now. I was born 25 miles from where I am now living. It's all come full circle. If you want to know about our adventures remodeling our 104 year old house, check my other blog http://grannytilla.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment