Friday, July 13, 2007

Third sock finished!

magnify
Finally! After so many ups and downs, my third sock ever has been finished. I'm not happy with it -- there is a jog it makes at the heel. My markers drifted? It's not worth frogging but I'm not going to make #2. We'll call this quite an educational experience.

The socks were to be for Pat, but they are too small. They don't even fit Reyes. They fit me exactly, but they are plain "guy" socks, white with black toes and heels. For the entire saga, go to the entry labeled "Slow progress."

Speaking of more interesting yarn. I received my new Herschnners catalog. They have acrylic sock yarn in colors that will appeal to the grandkids. Be still my heart! I didn't want to make kids socks from wool.

I've ordered 2 or three books of sock patterns. Just have six months to get 9 pairs finished. Better get cracking!

FOLLOW UP: This sock sorted itself out after washing. Now I have to make the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment