Wednesday, May 20, 2009

First FO Since Starting the New Blog


I have finished the Cascade Fixation socks that I made from the Socks a la Carte book. I like the pattern and I like making them ankle length, but I'm not so certain I like the busy-ness of the colorway. It looked so lovely on the skein. :(
The next socks are ready to go on my needles. They come from Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy D. Johnson. The pattern is called Sheri's Posies Socks.

When Pat and I were in Olathe Monday we stopped at Knit Wit. Being my first time to go to the store, I didn't know they were closed on Monday. :( Fortunately one of the owners was there. She let me in and sold me some Happy yarn by Wendy. (Wonder if it's the same Wendy? It appears to be an English? or at least European yarn.) The yarn is called Aquarius and is 75% bamboo, 25% nylon.

The hand of this yarn is more like the merino sock yarn I used to make socks for Reyes. The Cascade yarn, being cotton, is far denser and not as soft to the touch. I believe I'll enjoy this pair even more than the Cascade socks when they are finished. The swatch I made to check gauge let me see how the colorway tracks. It a lot less daunting than the turquoise in the Cascade yarn. That's good. I'm not certain what I'll be able to wear with the other socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment