Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another Crocheted Favorite


This is the picture of another favorite of mine -- a 3 corner crocheted shawl from a 1970s issue of Magic Crochet . The magazine was printed in France by the same people who did Mon Tricot. I believe it's been out of print for years.

I made the shawl from an off-white mohair like fingering yarn, an acrylic if I remember right, and left off the fringe. My daughter asked for hers to be made from snow-white worsted weight yarn with the fringe. Both shawls were great. Hers is just bigger and warmer, but the fringe is glorious. Now my 8 year old granddaughter wants one. But do I want to do that much crocheting? I really prefer to knit... Ah, well. Grandkids have their ways.


As an aside, I'll mention that the nightgown directions on the left of the page make a great summer gown. I made mine of skirt-weight cotton gauze (not the bandage type gauze! :) ) The crocheted bodice worked beautifully with it. I'd still be wearing it if a new puppy hadn't decided to snack on the shoulder straps and half the side...

To be able to use the directions, you will need to save the image to your computer, then enlarge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment